This questionnaire is created to begin the personal branding process for you or your client.
People read with a voice in their head, so when you write, you need to control that voice as much as possible. If you are trying to capture your client’s personal voice, have them video their answers to more easily imagine their literal voice as you write. Not only does this questionnaire provide content and values for the personal brand, it helps establish voice regarding:
- connections to other people and ideas
- environment (from weather to politics to size of town to family, etc.)
- material for anecdotes
Brevity is the soul of wit, but not right now. For this questionnaire, too much is better than too little, so answers should be thorough. Questions are grouped into categories. It may be easier to take one section at a time.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your philosophy on work, life, family, self, community.
- What do you think are your greatest qualities and weaknesses?
- What do you do with your time (consider mapping out your schedule to see what you actually do with your time)?
- What do you spend money on?
- What do you talk about?
- With your subordinates?
- With your superiors?
- In casual conversation with other professionals?
- Outside of work?
- With your family and closest friends?
- What effects your state of mind?
- Brings you joy?
- Makes you sad?
- Gets you excited?
- Angers you?
- What are your most significant memories from childhood, your teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.?
- How did you get to where you are now?
- What obstacles have you overcome?
- What are your proudest moments and greatest regrets?
- Where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 15, 20 years, both personally and professionally?
- If you could do anything you wanted–disregarding talent, time, energy, family, money, etc.–what would you do?
- What does your day look like?
- Who do you count on for business and personal support and how do you rely on them?
- What keeps you focused?
- What do you always make time for?
- How do you fit into your company?
- What is it about your company that makes it the right fit for you?
- Who have been some of your real life heroes and why?
- What books/blogs/publications do you read?
- What special interests do you have and why?
- What do you want your loved ones to say about you?
- Tell me about your family. Tell me about each of them, what you admire, what challenges you have in your relationships, how you overcome them, etc.